Bath Mixer Tap Problem

stl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a recently installed (3 years ago approx.) bath mixer tap (B&Q Treviso suite) that seems to have problems with flow rates. When turning the handles the flow sometimes doesn't change and a few twists back and forth are required to change the flow. This happens on hot and cold.

Also, sometimes when the taps are on, the flow just suddenly stops and it needs to be turned on and off to get flow back. Its as if something is slipping and not gripping inside.

Anyone any ideas if this can be fixed, rather than replace the whole mixer tap which will be tricky as bath is in place!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm not familiar with your particular tap but lots of newer style taps have cartridges inside them rather than traditional washers, and they're replaceable.

Sorry I don't have enough knowledge on them to comment, other than to say try stripping one to bits and see if you can find anything wrong.

Sponsored Links
Yup, 1/4 turn ceramic valves are probably getting old. 3/4" Ceramic reviver kit, which comes with handles or the ceramic kits you have linked to with correct spline size & number would do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back