Bath mixer tap problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

Could you please advise me on a problem I have with a new bath mixer tap?

Yesterday I installed a new bath mixer tap that I bought from argos - product code 832/0892 and now the hot water flow is very poor and the boiler is making a noise, it sounds like the water is either flowing to fast or not fast enough. The original bath taps were single ones not a mixer. I didn't have to replace any pipes or fit flexi hoses as the new mixer tap fitted straight on the pipes that were already there.

Any ideas why I have this problem. Cheap taps??

Thanks

Tom

Sponsored Links
If you mean it sound noisy when you turn it on then you probably haven't turned the water back on properly so the flow is restricted.

How did you isolate the hot?

Me again. I may have worked it out. When I got the new mixer the hot and cold were the wrong way so I took the colour disks out and swapped them over. Do I need to change the cartridges round as well as the colour disks. Or should I change the pipes round and put the colour disks back the way they were. It kind of makes sense as in getting to much cold and not enough hot. If I swap them round the other way I will get more hot and less cold???

Hot and cold from the sink doesn't make any noise.'its just when I use the bath mixer tap

Sponsored Links
Some taps need a higher pressure supply than others to work properly.
From what you've said I'm guessing that you have gravity fed (low pressure) hot water and have bought high pressure taps.
It should tell you on the instructions or the packaging what the minimum operating pressure is.

I'll check the packaging in the morning. We have a combi boiler in the kitchen and mixer tap problem is one floor above in the bathroom

That won't be the problem then, you have high pressure hot. Do you have quarter turn isolation valves? Did you open them back up fully if you do?
They can often make a racket if partially closed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back