Bath Mixer Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We are now in out newly built house :D ,So far so good,been here about 9 months,anyway, the water out of the Mixer tap on the bath isn't giving out very hot water, it's one of those taps where you set the temperature on 1 tap and then turn on the cold,looks a bit like:-

http://www.bestbathrooms.com/Thermostatic_Bath_Shower_Mixer/cid7453pr41126.html

,it gets fairly hot,but not really hot enough for a bath, all the other taps (including the shower that has same type of mixer) are fine, did try turning up the boiler, but as other taps are fine, had to turn it down again.Is this something easily fixed or new mixer tap?
We have contacted the builder as we think it should be covered by them,but will wait and see.

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
If the other taps are hot, then unless this is a long way from the hot water supply, it must be a faulty t/stat, OR I dont know if there is an ajustment for anti scald than you can aj ust.

Thanks for that :D
Any idea how easy it will be to replace? Obviously side panel off bath, hope that there is a 1/4 turn isolator valve, Looks like the knob has a cap on it, prise that off, I guess that will reveal screw, unscer that, i guess the tap cover will come off to reveal the nut, un do that.
Are replalcements easily avial? hope it's not a complete tap required.
Could I replace it with a Non Thermostatic one?

Thanks

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back