Bath overflow fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a bath popup waste with overflow, but cannot figure out how the overflow part is supposed to be fitted. I've tried contacting the manufacturer/supplier but they have been no use.

Looking online at similar models that have fitting instructions, the designs are different. Usually it seems there is some kind of threaded bolt and a nut which will allow the overflow to be tightened up onto the bath.

With this one there doesn't appear to be any way to actually fix it to the bath. There is only a plain bolt through the centre (which the cap fits onto, to operate the bath waste popup plug), with a retaining clip on it, and that's about it. I've tried removing the clip, but this didn't help and it still stayed in one piece. I hadn't wanted to attempt dismantling further at the risk of breaking something.

Here's a few pics:
e6z0.jpg

hyib.jpg

y0kx.jpg

c0cw.jpg

There is also only rather flat one rubber washer/gasket which doesn't look like would do a great job of sealing the overflow hole, even if there was a way to fit and tighten this thing up...

Don't know if anyone here has seen/fitted one of these before? Any help greatly appreciated.

(Also, the overflow body itself is considerably larger than the bath's overflow hole but I don't know if I do need to make the bath's hole larger or not yet, because I don't know the method of attaching it.)

Sponsored Links
normally you unscrew the bit on the front (the bit with three elongated holes in it, leave the clip in place), this goes on the inside of the bath, push the black rod through the overflow & screw the front bit back on with the rubber on the outside of the bath not the inside

Sponsored Links
normally you unscrew the bit on the front (the bit with three elongated holes in it, leave the clip in place), this goes on the inside of the bath, push the black rod through the overflow & screw the front bit back on with the rubber on the outside of the bath not the inside

Thanks, that was it. Quick response and more helpful than the non-existent technical assistance...

I had tried twisting the front part originally but I wasn't sure it was unscrewing, instead only spinning around and making the gasket distort. Obviously it was unscrewing, but I didn't want to keep trying before and risk damaging the gasket.

As the circlip was misshapen after removing it before, it did pop off with the front part. I had to force it back in when the overflow was in place, and the centre of the front part got a bit scuffed. Luckily it is covered by the cap!

Thanks again. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back