kaldewei bath overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

Might be a daft query but the overflow that was originally fitted to our kaldewei bath has never been secure and always comes loose as the bezel inside the bath simply comes unscrewed.

May I ask - have I got the wrong overflow, or has it just been badly fitted? The reason I ask is that the dia of the overflow spigot is 40mm, but the dia of the hole in the bath is 51mm, which seems ludicrously large. Can't seem to find any overflows with 50mm spigots, mind you...

If it's just been badly fitted, how should I stop this happening as I'm now fed up with tightening it up every day!

Thanks for your solutions...

Sponsored Links
That 51mm hole is a 2 inch Victorian one - it's been the same on baths since then - goodness knows why because most overflows are too small - I've seen a couple of full size viccy ones with lead plumbing etc. Seal it up with silicone, that'll stop it moving.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back