Bath Panel fitment ('P' Shape)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

My Bathroom as been re-furb'd and I thought id leave the bath panel off just incase anything leaked. Now im 100% all is good under there I went to fit the panel and there is about 1/4 inch gap underneath it. Bath has been set too high and lowering it is not an option. It wouldn't be a problem if the panel was straight edged but its a P shaped bath. Ive heard of these pvc moulded seals which you can cover the gap with then silicone over.

Has anyone heard of these and where I might be able to buy one.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Am I correct in thinking you mean the bath side panel?

Not an ideal solution but I think I would cut a strip of 1/4" ply wood to the same profile as the bath and glue it to the floor, thus lifting the panel up slightly. It can then be sealed with silicon

As squeaky's suggestion, but set the ply 5mm or so back from face of panel. Then glue some thin PVC trim, like the stuff used on double glazing to the edge of the ply. It bends quite easily, but where you go from straight to the curve for the 'P', you could cut the back of the trim to get the sharp curve needed at this point. Warming the PVC trim with a hair dryer as you shape it will make it more flexible and easier to work with.

Use clamps to keep the trim in place as glue sets. Then put a bead of silicone along bottom edge on floor.

With the PVC trim, it will look like part of the panel.

Sponsored Links
I get to fit precious few baths that are manufactured/delivered 'square' (i.e. get two sides levelled and the other two are not), or level floors/vertical walls.

So, instead of trying&failing to cut an acrylic panel to fit the bath&floor cleanly, always leave a gap to make good with UPVC filler strip (cheap as chips from any plastics suppliers). Or, fix battens and leave a gap and benefit from the air gap and the ventilation that will ensue.

DH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back