Bath panel magnets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm fitting a decent weight bath panel with it's own seperate plinth. I have the plinth already in place and a side of frame. This is where the main panel will sit. It came with screws to attach the panel to the plinth but I was wondering if I could use magnets instead. If so, what sort of magnets do you guys use?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think you need to press the panel upwards under the lip of the bath, and put a ledge on the plinth for it to sit on, or a batten to prevent it being pushed in.

Then the magnets are not taking any weight, they just need to prevent the panel falling off.

You can get neodymium or ferrite magnets in round or rectangular flat buttons with a countersunk hole to screw to panels. Ebay is a good source.

Thanks. I've battened the plinth in place so it can have pressure against it. The panel will go up into the bath lip but as it is geavy you are probably correct in that it may need more support. Luckily one end of the panel is hidden by the sink unit so I can probably just wedge that end to hold it under the lip. I'll silicon round the plinth and side once done too.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20240315_105241.jpg
    20240315_105241.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 24

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back