Advice re bath - Flexible plinth needed!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We're having a new bathroom put in. So far bath is fitted and tiler has put down the ply. The bath is a left hand side shower bath so the panel is a curved P shape.

The problem is that the floor is out by about 2 cm and the plumber says that the panel will not fit properly (to the floor) and will need some sort of plinth.

I've tried searching for a flexible plinth i can run round the bottom of the bath but can't find any. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem or know where I can get such a plinth?

Thanks for any help / advice
S

ps I did suggest that the floor be levelled in first place but tiler said that would raise floor too high by door threshold.

Sponsored Links
What do you mean by “out”; do you mean bowed? If the floor is bowed I fear your tiler is trying to fix the problem after the event; a 2cm bow should have been rectified before tiling even if that involved additional cost, he should never have just ignored the problem & it'll look pants. I’d stop him right now if you can.

Assuming he’s over boarded, what is the original flooring underneath? What type & thickness of ply has he used? How has he fixed it down?

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

The floor is level but drops by 2cms running from left to right over a distance of approx 6 feet.

I understand the tilers argument that by raising the floor by 2cm and then adding underfloor heating plus tiles on top there would be a step up from the bedroom (carpeted) to the ensuit.

I think ultimately they will have to cut the bath panel to size!!!

Cheers
S

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back