Fitting wood bath panel - Please help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Need to fit a wooden bath panel to a bath just fitted and cant for the life of me work out how to fit it! Hoping you guys can help :D

have attached an image of the brackets supplied with the panel, there are three of each bracket, the two on the left are the same as with the two on the right, just different angles!

View media item 2374
The panel is in two parts, main panel and plinth to allow for different heights, I assume the plinth goes behind the main panel and screws through from behind once the height has been measured?

My main problem is fixing this to the bath, I just cant work it out, No real instructions either :evil:

Hoping you can advise which bracket goes where and how if fixes to the panel and bath? I also assume that I will need a baton on the floor for the plinth to sit up against?

There is no lip on the main panel at all, so cant slot under the bath as a plastic one would, the panel is about 12mm thick.

Really hope you can help as this is driving me nuts!!!!

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Any thoughts guys? Would really appreciate some advice with this one.

Cheers

So are you saying you can't slot it underneath the bath side lip then lift it and drop it into place ferrari?

Sounds like the panel isn't for that bath or the brackets aren't for the panel or both! They may have it in the showroom but that means nothing. In the showroom they can build a frame then mount the side panel then drop the bath in place as they normally don't plumb them in. You cannot do that as you can't gain access to plumb once the bath is dropped into place due to the side panel being in place already.

My solution would be to first build a timber frame along the side of the bath, secured at the ends to the wall. Then mount the brackets with the SQUARE plate, onto the floor or a piece of timber, or the timber frame at the bottom of where the panel will sit. Then screw the other brackets onto the back of the Panel at the bottom so they will slot into the other brackets when you drop the panel in place. I'd then screw the top of the panel into the timber frame and use caps to cover the screw heads. However, if you are doing this then the brackets seem redundant as it would be easier to just screw through the panel into the frame and forget about the brackets altogether. I know its not going to look the best but if you are unable to get the panel behind the bath lip and then raise it an inch or so in order to drop it into the brackets then I cannot see how those brackets will work.

Another solution would be to do away with those brackets and use a Roller Catch or similar. See below...
p1390783_x.jpg

Catches such as this allow you to attach the panel without having any fixings visible. If you do use these make sure you get decent sized ones and good quality ones that have a good hold when snapped into place to avoid the panel dropping off every time you get into the bath. Hell, I've even seen them put on with Velcro! Personally I wouldn't do it but one that I saw had a hell of a hold so what do I know! :confused:

Give the merchant a call that you bought the bath/panel from and see what they have to say.

Hi a quick tip... if you build a frame as suggested another way to hold it in place is to buy some adhesive backed velcro and use that... ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, brackets supplied went in the bin, trip to get some heavy duty velcro.

Baton along floor, screwed wood at intervals to wooden frame of bath, velcro on, looks lovely, no screws or holes, Velcro is pretty damn strong, but with a bit of work it comes off OK. Worth it as the panel looks much better than screws and caps keeping it in place................

Thanks guys, brackets supplied went in the bin, trip to get some heavy duty velcro.

Baton along floor, screwed wood at intervals to wooden frame of bath, velcro on, looks lovely, no screws or holes, Velcro is pretty damn strong, but with a bit of work it comes off OK. Worth it as the panel looks much better than screws and caps keeping it in place................
Yep, Elton John swears by it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back