bath panel won't budge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a problem tap which won't stop dripping. I have tried to remove the gland and we put everything into trying to undo it but the bloody thing won't budge an inch. All we have managed to do is burr the sides into an un-removable state.
The clever people before us decided to tile the bath panel and screw it in underneath it so we have smashed all the tiles off but and unscrewed the path panel. It seems as though it is wedged. I put a claw hammer behind one side of it and try pulling it out but it doesn't want to budge. Is there some knack to get the panel to come out. The panel goes under the lip of the bath.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul.

Sponsored Links
Check whether the bottom of the panel is level with or below the level of the floor. It its level then you should be able to pull it out from the bottom. If its below the floor level then you are going to have to try and flex it in the middle enough to get the bottom over the edge of the floor.

The clever people before us decided to tile the bath panel and screw it in underneath

Ditto! The previous owners to my house did exactly the same, i ended up cracking the bottom of my bath panel off, flexing the panel extremely until it unhooked from the bottom, then siliconing it up to some sort of a tidy fashion again afterwards.

If all else fails take a jigsaw to it , sounds like panel will require renewing anyway!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back