Bath pop up plug replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly.
Plumber fitted bathroom suite 4 years ago. I had to replace sink chrome part where plug fits. Underneath covered in plumbers mate ?
Something like hard glue/silicone that once cut/picked off allowed me to continue & replace items.

I've now noticed in the bath when turning the knob sometimes the pop up plug stays down,right pain.

What's the chances he used the same stuff ?
Obviously there's limited room for a bath,would this stuff be applied to the bath then the fitting passed through sealing from in the bath or would it be under the bath then fitted together.

Situation is bath is acrylic/plastic style and don't want to start having to use a knife etc to help move it.

Just advice before I take it apart.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Is it a pop-up waste or sprung waste?
It maybe that a simple adjustment on the plug is required.
If the plug can be removed it will likely have an adjustable screw on the underside, will need adjusting enough to allow the waste to evacuated and allow a water seal when locked in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back