Bath Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Had a problem over the past few weeks of the bath leaking around the edge as it meets the tiles and also from the plug hole area, so taking the bath out today to fix these problems, scrape all the silicone off etc.

The bath is a Plastic fibre glass type, with the metal from and dodgy bolt feet to keep it up, can I put blocks underneath the bath between the floor and the piece of chipboard glued to the base of the bath for more support or will this cause problems?

Reason I want to do this is to reduce movement of the bath from the wall, room not square so big gaps around the bath.

Any advice appriciated,

Gareth

Sponsored Links
we had a similar problem, particularly the plug hole area.

upon closer eyeballing the centre plug hole screw was loose, tightened it no more leaks.

my mother had similar but worse (water on floor) the plughole area had actually cracked - new bath to fix problem

why take bath out only to put it back where it was?

remove old silicone (sitting in empty bath its not too hard) clean area where silicone was, fill bath with cold water, re silicone it allow to to dry then empty bath, oh and check plughole scre first

Cheers mate will check that to see before I take out, still need to take out to redo the silicone.

Sponsored Links
dont see why you have to take bath right out, still i cant see what you can see

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back