bath pump

JOA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

i picked up a whirlpool bath and pump from a shop in milton keynes that was closing down, and got it for a great price!! but the pump came with no instruction, and not even in a box!!

the plumber has put the bath in place and the pump, but he has left it up to me to sort out the power for the pump??

the pump has a standard flex coming off it, i have been told all i need to do is take a supply off my upstairs socket ring main (2.5 twin and earth) in to a switch spur outside the bathroom and just wire the flex in to it??

please help as i have been looking, and it seems i need a RCCB or a MCB but every electrical shop wholesalers i go to dont tend to be very helpful??

Sponsored Links
PowerBreaker make an RCD FCU, see here.

Of course, if you don't even know where to start then you might be better off seeking help from a competent person.

thanks for that.

i am quite conferdent with electrics,and have done a good few bits in the past, i was ust wondering what is the right way to wire the pump?

i have already brought a feed of the upstairs socket ring (2.5 T&E) and connected it in to a new fuse spur, which i have mounted outside the bathroom, i have also connected the pumps (flex) cable in to the spur.

but i was wondering do i need to be putting a water tight MCB/RCCB/breaker (not sure what they are called) in between the pump and the fuse spur???

cheers

Sponsored Links
Is your socket circuit already on an RCD in your fuseboard? If so, nothing more is required. Is the pump installed under the bath?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back