help please with supply to bath pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im putting in a new bathroom suite that has an 8 jet whirlpool bath,

i need a supply to it, closest/easiest is on the landing wall theres a fused switch that supplies the extractor fan in the bathroom, it has a 3am fuse in there

can i come off the back of that, down the cavity of the false wall then under the bath ( waterproof box ip55 ) to supply the bath pump ?

Sponsored Links
This is work in a bathroom so should be notified under Part P. I suspect from your question that you either choose to ignore this or dont know.

Before anyone can make a sensible answer they would need to know - What is the power requirement of your bath pump? What size is the supply cable to the FCU? What protective device is there to that circuit? Is it RCD protected?

hi ahh right i never knew that it was part p

specs say

must be 13a fused through an rcd
580w 3.2amp running

my consumer unit is here

Sponsored Links
What if the boiler broke? Would you use it then?

If you switched the immersion heater on, would it work?

you could always use a 2 way 20A switch (unfortunately the only range I know of that offers them is MK grid plus) so you could have either the immersion or the bath turned on but not both.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back