bath question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok please dont laugh as im not a tradesman lol..

Ive bought a bath off Ebay thats fibreglass and have to screw the stands into the bottom of the bath but theres no wood to screw in..

Could the wood i should screw into be under the fibreglass because it looks like this is the case but i dont want to screw into it till ive checked on here.

its just the bath i took out has an exposed piece of wood

thanks

Sponsored Links
some of the better baths have the wood covered by fibreglass.
just check the thickness of the bottom of the bath with the rest of the bath thickness.
you'll useally see around the bath waste it will be only be the thickness of the fibreglass but the rest of the base will be thicker where the wood is.

there is 2 squares of raised level, one at each end which i believe has wood under ..also the waste has a raised part as well the same as the 2 other pieces. this raised bit is about 1 inch

Sponsored Links
there is 2 squares of raised level, one at each end which i believe has wood under ..also the waste has a raised part as well the same as the 2 other pieces. this raised bit is about 1 inch

You'll soon find out if there is indeed any 'plank' of material (MDF/Chipboard/ply etc) when you drill a small pilot hole for the screw.

Could you post the Ebay link so that us 'proper plumbers' can take a quick shufty?, or better yet, post a photo of the underside of it so we have a goosey gander?

DH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back