WHO designs modern baths ??? crap design or what ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this is my 1st ever bath installation ( hopefully LAST ever too ! )

well well well, let us see, a fesking complete bath sits onto 2 metal bars, with screw on feet !!!!

and the metal supports get mounted by 4 wood screws on each mount, onto the bottom of the hardboard bath base !!!!

I wouldnt support a fish tank on a metal base connected up with 8 wood screws - so why a bath ?

cant they come up with a better idea ?

Im gonna make a wooden frame, to fit under the main unsupported bath base, and wedge it up, so it only takes slight pressure from the bath , MORE OF a emergency feature, should the metal legs give way !!!!

anyone else have any comments on this sad state of affairs ?

:cool:

Sponsored Links
The real weakness of a cheap bath is often the rim , which tends to bend away from the tiles and let water down. Get some 4x2 / 100x50 timber studding for under the bath. They do it regularised so its square and straight, and treated, and pretty cheap as it's sawn. You can also stick everything together, with either Silicone o gripfill or my personal favourite which is BES,/ Evostik Nail & Seal item 11331.

But yes, most of the stuff we have to use is appalling. I've got a bath for my own house sitting in a warehouse. It weighs 65kg and I haven't plucked up courage to pop it in the van yet.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back