Bath sealant - still leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

After moving into a new house, we found a leak in the bathroom that had done alot of damage so we put a new bathroom in. My dad installed the bathroom suite (hew was a plumber by trade many years ago) and I did the tiling myself.

It all looked very nice until we discovered a new leak. Its in the corner of the bath. Instead of using sealant inbetween the tiles and the bath I installed a pro sealastrip that fit behind the tile and hang over the bath. I believe the problem is in the corner when the two strips meet. I did use the corner rubber bungs that they suggest.

I have tried putting silicone sealant around the bath and especially in the corner but its still leaking.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I was thinking of getting a hacksaw to cut off the seal as I dont want to have to take the bottom row of tiles of.

Sponsored Links
Thats sounds strange. Did you fill the bath up when the silicon was applied. The bath will usually sink a bit with the weight of a person plus water. if the bath wasnt full this could break the seal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back