Bath/shower mixer installed - water won't come out of bath!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and thanks for reading this, I hope you can help. Sorry if it all gets a bit confusing, I have no plumbing/diy skills or knowledge so I'll try to explain in the best and easiest way possible.

We have a bath/shower mixer tap unit in our bathroom that runs up to a fixed shower head.

A while ago the water would only come out of the shower head - it seemed that the pressure had stopped and meant the water wouldn't come out of the bath taps.

The mixer unit is one where you run the taps and the water normally comes out of the bath taps, then if you want the shower on you press the centre unit bit down (not pull it up like a lot of others) and this gets the pressure to divert the water up the cable and out of the fixed shower head.

I got a plumber round before and he managed to sort it - he showed me what to do. This included taking the pin out on the centre unit, then making sure the spring was in place, connecting back up again and it worked.

Now, the other week, it's gone again where we can only get water to come out of the shower head, not the bath taps.

I've tried several times to sort this - I've taken the pin out, checked the spring, tried to put it all back together - both with leaving the mechanism in the up and down positions several times - and nothing seems to work, we can't get the water to come out of the bath taps.

Does anybody have any ideas about how this can be fixed - obviously it did it before and was fixed so it should be able to be fixed again - I don't want to have to fork out for a plumber everytime this daft thing keeps happening.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back