Bath Shower mixer taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi could anyone please help, my cold tap on my bath shower mixer tap is hardly flowing at all my hot is fine but when i turn the cold on it just trickles.
thank you

Sponsored Links
If its only that tap and the basin cold is OK then its probably a blockage somewhere ( that means anywhere! ).

If its the basin tap as well then its probably an airlock. Follow instructions in FAQ section to try to fix.

Tony

thanks for that it is only my mixer tap and not the basin do you know how i rectify an air lock.
cheers

Vety unlikely tto be an airlock if the basin is near the bath. Possibly the washer has come adrift inside the mixer - depends what type it is.
Dismantling looms.

Sponsored Links
itfc2006 said:
... it is only my mixer tap and not the basin...
This suggests a blockage on the feed to this tap only. Do you have flexible tap connection pipes? Are they long, maybe the cold one has a kink in it? I came across one of these recently, a 1m long flexi which had kinked under its own weight after being installed badly (old taps at end of bath, new taps at centre of new bath)
Take the side off the bath and have a look :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back