Bath size help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i'm buying my first bathroom suite and an getting really confused about the bath. I need a bath that i can stand in to shower in so what do i need. I have seen 5mm, 8mm, ones with different names for reinforced and steel. I'm not sure i'm happy with the metal sound of a steel bath though. Also my bathroom is only 1670mm long yet the bath in there currently fits end to end so is it likely to be a standard bath cut down or cut into the wall - so should i go and buy a 1700 bath anyway, the choice of a 1600 bath being too short? Thanks for anyone who can help

Sponsored Links
It makes sense to go with the best quality bath you can so it would be 8mm thick for me and a 1700mm bath would be better as it would be set into the wall by 15mm each end which usually just involves hacking off the plaster to accomodate it.

Not all baths are designed to have someone standing at tap end for showering, it makes sense then to reinforce the area underneath. I actually used spare offcuts of timber wedged under, but afterwards I was thinking, I should have used some spare kitchen unit adjustable legs, attached/screwed to some water proof ply, then screwed to floor (a bit like a table under the bath, with some silicone on the ply face). No movement when 10 ton tessie stands up at the shower end. :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back