Bath supply pipe size with flexis?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just a quick piece of advice needed.

I'm fitting a new bathroom suite. The boiler is a combi so everything is supplied with 15mm.
But due to awkward fitting I'll have to use flexi to connect the bath taps before pushing it into position (Roll top bath with taps in middle against the wall).
My worry is the reduced bore of 15mm flexi pipes will mean the bath will take an age to fill.
Would I be better of using 22mm flexi pipes to short lengths of 22mm reduced to the 15mm supply pipes?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Could you not make up some tails from copper pipe? This way you could slide the bath in and then connect everything up once it's in situ.

I'd be a bit concerned about using flexi's in an inaccessable place.

And in reply to the other question...

What heat output is your boiler, and what is your water pressure like?

p1081010_l.jpg

15 mm x 3/4"" bsp flexi tap connector ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply.

The problem is the bath will be a very snug fit (maybe an inch at either end).
If I made tails to connect I could be struggling to get access to connect them to the supply once the bath is in position.
My thoughts were with flexi I could position the bath an few inches off the wall while I connected them then push it back to the wall.
Plus if the flexis had valves I could pressure test everything before the bath was in place.

Thanks kevplumb

it wasn't the 3/4" connection that was worrying me. it was the smaller bore of 15mm flexis reducing the flow to the extent the bath would take forever to fill

thanks mogget

the water pressure is normal? (not high, not low!)

I can't remember offhand the heat output of the boiler. But is only 6 months old. I will dig out the manual and post later (at work at moment)

I've used them a few times on hard to get at installs with no problem at all
I've also used 22mm of combi boilers which take ages to fill,it all comes down to your pressure

Just checked
boiler DHW output is 24kW

I assumed that the 15mm supply from boiler would limit flow, and that using 22mm for the last few inches followed by 22mm x 3/4 flexis wouldn't make any difference (other than cost of buying 22m pipe).

My worry was small bore of 15mm flexis would make the bath v slow to run.

Cheers

Just checked
boiler DHW output is 24kW

My worry was small bore of 15mm flexis would make the bath v slow to run.

With a 24kw combi your bath will be slow to run regardless of the pipe size. I don't think you'll gain anything in practice by using bigger flexi's, unless you are upgrading the boiler or your water pressure is low.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back