Bath taps not getting hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a weird problem.. I have mixer taps in my bath and sink. For some reason they do not heat up as much as my other taps around the house. It's really odd as all the other taps heat up perfectly. Advice in what the issue could be would be very much appreciated..thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Are you running from a header tank in the loft; if so, then these could be high pressure taps, and are restricting the flow.

have you got a combi boiler? and are these bath taps bigger than other taps in the house, and delivering water at a faster flow rate?

Yes I have an ideal logic 24kw. The cold water taps come out alot quicker but the hot only a little quicker.

Sponsored Links
I think I've figured it out.. water flow is too high.. would it be a case of buying new taps. Or can I adjust the flow on a boiler. Sorry if it seems daft questions.

it will be easiest to restrict the flow on the pipe feeding the taps.

If you have access under the bath, you could use a gate-valve. You can adjust it for optimum flow. Another method is to splice in a piece of narrower pipe, but this does not give the opportunity to adjust it.

Ball-type valves are very cheap, but inclined to leak for no apparent reason. If you have braided flexible tap connectors they might already incorporate a valve, but be prepared in case it starts leaking when you touch it.

it will be easiest to restrict the flow on the pipe feeding the taps.

If you have access under the bath, you could use a gate-valve. You can adjust it for optimum flow. Another method is to splice in a piece of narrower pipe, but this does not give the opportunity to adjust it.

Ball-type valves are very cheap, but inclined to leak for no apparent reason. If you have braided flexible tap connectors they might already incorporate a valve, but be prepared in case it starts leaking when you touch it.

Could just turn the tap down a little!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back