bath taps, they twist when turned on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya guys...
Our bath taps have started to move a lot when we turn on the taps, so i took the bath panel off to have a look, and i dont have a clue how to get to tighten the locking nut under the tap, or even how to get to it, they are in the centre of the bath up against a wall, and they are connected underneath the bath by a long flexible pipes, my local plumber is coming out to have a look, but what can he do? the only thing i can think of is to take the bath out and tighten them up again, but someone told me that the baths brackets my be under the huge tiles on the wall, any ideas folks?
IMG_20180823_053240.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I've had to do it before, luckily the wall backed onto a bedroom and not an exterior wall.

Andy

I've had to do it before, luckily the wall backed onto a bedroom and not an exterior wall.

Andy
i think i am going to be stuffed on this one, the wall is brick at the rear of the bath...
i think the bath will have to come out, i cant see how my plumber is going to get a spanner under the tap, and i have been told that the brackets for the bath will probably be behind the tiles, so it will fetch them off as well...

My advice would be to turn off the water and drain down. Then cut the bath up with a small angle grinder and remove then fit a new bath with taps at one end.This would leave all the tiles intact and the new bath can be raised up to the tiles and siliconed.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back