Bath waste into toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit a bath and toilet on the ground floor. I need to lay all new drains for it. Can I terminate the 110 soil pipe with an elbow to bring it up to floor level and connect the bath waste to it and then connect the toilet a couple of feet downstream using an eqal tee? Are tee connectors available with a slow bend or wouldn't that be necessary in this case. It has got be seen by a BCO. Also, do I only need one vent pipe for the whole system? there is already one on the other side of the house. Any answers please?

Sponsored Links
HI

yes it will be ok the way you planned :D

Just a quick one on this.

Some time ago, I was looking at a similar thing - connecting the bath waste into the soil pipe.

Plumber mate told me not to as the smell of poop may come through the empty bath waste pipe up through the plug hole in the bath when not in use.

Was that just a load of BS???

On his advice, I never did it that way. I am now wondering if he was wrong.

Thanks

i am not a plumber but it sounds wrong to me, is that not what the p trap is for (no punn inteded)

Sponsored Links
I dont see why it shouldn't work. Ican fit an air admittance valve to stop the p trap emptying when the toilet flushes. It's all about keeping the BCO happy. Not being a plumber either, I didn't know if it would be a cardinal sin!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back