Bath waste pipe in box section under garage ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm currently getting the money together to convert my garage into a kitchen. The problem i'm having is with the ceiling height, ideal i'd like one complete level ceiling however at present there is a box section carrying the bath waste from the bathroom above across the underside of the ceiling and into the soil pipe located to the opposite wall in the garage. The problem being that if i lower the ceiling to the underside of the box section then i'll have a ceiling height of 2.25m which is lower than i would like, I suppose the other option would be make the box section only just larger than the pipe (currently well oversized) and leave it there, this will result in a majority ceiling height of over 2.3m for the rest of the room although visually not as nice as the previous option.

Do I have any other alternatives, I don't suppose I can raise the waste pipe into the floor above without cuttting joists which i'm well aware is not a good idea.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back