Bath waste problems help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i tiled my bathroom using the same level to tile to for the bath as the original(ooops). When i tried to fit the bath the waste of the bath is lower than the waste pipe which cannot be lowered due to legs of the bath what can i do?

Plumber mate comes on the weekend so would like to find as much info as possible for him so he can just come fix and save him scratching his head like me lol.

thanks

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-w0vPLFxZgTg/T0YaRr1gCiI/AAAAAAAAAL8/Q641R1EHPQM/s640/IMAG0042.jpg

Sponsored Links
Four options.

Never use it.

Lower the waste pipe at the stack end if possible.

Route a new pipe completely.

Rip it all out and re-tile remembering that tape measures are there for a reason ;).

Four options.

Never use it.

Lower the waste pipe at the stack end if possible.

Route a new pipe completely.

Rip it all out and re-tile remembering that tape measures are there for a reason ;).

Opt 1 never use it lol NEXT
opt 2 think if i was going to change stack wait for plumber as seems beyond my skill lol.
Opt 3 How would i re route the pipe?
Opt 4 Agree with tape measure the whole wall was chiselled to fit bath before so assumed it was correct my bad lol.. Rip it out and re tile no way lol

Sponsored Links
DazsH said:
Opt 3 How would i re route the pipe?

Option 3 is, in all probability, the same as option 2. Follow the pipe to its junction with the stack then answer this question: Is the junction point higher than the bath outlet? If it is, you have no real choice but to make a new junction lower down. (Let's not get into pumped drainage systems.)

If you're really lucky that pipe will have a drop somewhere, putting the junction below the outlet. Note that you do need it to be lower, by about 2.5cm per metre of pipe length.

Joining into a stack isn't all that difficult. Something like this will do the job:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/soil-stra...p=Search-_-SearchRec-_-Area1&_requestid=83828

Option 5 is here!

Remove 1 line of tiles and move the bath up and re-tile. The silicone joint will hide the cut edge of the tiles.

Andy

Option 5 is here!

Remove 1 line of tiles and move the bath up and re-tile. The silicone joint will hide the cut edge of the tiles.

Andy

I was thinking the same. Why not just remove one row of tiles above bath, you may have to cut the tiles a couple of inches but its without doubt the easiest and cheapest method. Not ideal, but you really should never assume anything will fit when starting a job. Measure, measure and measure again.

Went with the remove a row of tiles wasnt easy but looking like problem could be sorted thanks all.

I take it the bath has been set for the correct height to accomodate the bath panel? :confused:
Interesting addition to the thread. Maybe, maybe not, although i always like it when a half height skirting board or simuar is carried round the bath. Gives a bit of a kick board and something to mop against the isnt plastic or grp.

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back