Lowering a bath, Waste help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm lowering a bath that is on a raised platform (about 200mm)
the reason for lowering the bath is that its under a shallow eave ceiling and you basically
cant stand in the bath and shower as the ceiling is so low and having the bath
raised is frankly idiotic. Anyway I've managed to rip off the bath side panel and the bath is sat on two huge blocks of wood, but it appears that if I lower the bath the waste pipe will be 200 mm too high (the waste pipe runs about 10m horizontally in the side of the house (very old house, so no external pipes) as such lowering this 10m waste pipe will be essentially impossible without ripping out half the house!

Is there any way I can lower this bath - Am I looking at a pump here to solve this,
it just seems a bit daft that I need a full on pump just to raise the waste 200mm!?

Was looking at the GrundFlos sololit C3 if this was the case.
Is there any other way I can solve this!?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
I think you know the answer here. You can either re-run the pipe and do whatever that needs or pump the waste water. The former would be the recommended approach.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back