Bath waste size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My new bath has a 2" overflow opening but all the bath combined overflow and wastes I've seen seem to be a standard 1 1/2 ".

Will I have a problem on my hands finding the right size or are the holes always 2"?

Also, pop up plugs, should they be avoided?

Thank you :)

Sponsored Links
The 2" will be the size of the fitting, not the size of the pipe coming off it.

gas4you said:
The 2" will be the size of the fitting, not the size of the pipe coming off it.

Sorry I'm being dim :oops: does that mean the 1 1/2 " standard size refers to the pipe width and not the actual width of the fitting itself ?

The actual hole for the overflow and plug on my bath is 2" (in fact it's just over 2").

The waste that fits into your 'plug' will be nearly the same size as the hole. This will be so you can seal it to the bath. The thread under the waste that your trap screws onto will seal up onto the bath and then accept the trap which connects the 1.5" waste. You just need to ask fot a bath waste set. The overflow will be approx 3/4" pipe.

Sponsored Links
So do all baths have 2" holes where the pop up waste set need to be fixed?

:eek: Is it me, am I just not understanding stuff tonight? (and no I'm not blonde!)

As far as I know this is a standard hole size. The pop up mechanism works from underneath via a cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back