Bathroom Cabinet tripped circuit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Lights in our bathroom, hallway and second bedroom (all adjacent to bathroom) have stopped working. There was some initial flickering when using the bathroom light.

I figuired it would have something to do with the bathroom light so checked the rose and there seemed to be a loose wire. Sorted that but still no lights in the above mentioned rooms. Could it be a fuse in the bathroom cabinet (which has a light and shaver point)? I find it odd that all other bedroom lights are workign fine.

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you checked all the wires are tight in the other lights? (obviously turn off the electric and make sure it is off by measurement before working on anything!)

I figuired it would have something to do with the bathroom light so checked the rose and there seemed to be a loose wire. Sorted that but still no lights in the above mentioned rooms.
If one rose had a loose screw, so could others - check them all. And re-check that you didn't miss one in the bathroom.

Does your lighting circuit loop through the ceiling fittings or the switches? If the latter the problem could be there.

Could it be a fuse in the bathroom cabinet (which has a light and shaver point)?
Not unless some twonk has wired it in series with the other lights, but then you'd have noticed that...

I find it odd that all other bedroom lights are workign fine.
If they are before the fault then this is exactly what you'd expect.

The problem may even be in the last working light on the circuit before the faulty ones.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all,

If the bathroom is in between the hallway and bedroom (and therfore assuming the same in terms of the circuit) is it more likely that the problem is elsewhere (namely the hallway or bedroom?) I have checked these for loose wires but couldn't see any! I will check again later to make sure though.

Go to the nearest working fitting & take it from there. Check neutrals as well as phase conductors.

Hi All,

Many thanks for your help. Turned out to be the last working light in the circuit had some loose screws....! I would not have thought to check this one as it seemed fine!

Onto the next project!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back