bathroom ceiling light zones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Currently in the process of doing up my bathroom. I've recently bought a slider wider bath. The bathroom however is very small, and most of the bathroom is pretty much zone 2.

The problems is, I want to eventually change the ceiling flush light fitting, which is slap bang in middle of bathroom. Once the new bath is in place, the light fitting is going to basically be half zone 1 and half zone 2. Unfortunately, the ceiling is concrete about 2.09m off ground and all wiring is in metal conduit, so downlighters are out the question.

The whole lighting circuit is connected to a fuseboard with a 6A switch protected by a 30mA RCD.

What are my options? Can I still get any IP44 rated light fitting?

Sponsored Links
A 230V light can be in zone 2 providing it is IP X4 or IP X5 if it is subject to hosing down (shower head eg)

If it is in Zone 1 then it must have the above IP protection. In addition it must be max 25v ac or 60 v dc. -

All must be 30mA RCD protected.

Edited to 17th edition.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back