Bathroom ceiling paint recommendations.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone!

Please could anyone advise on which paint products would be best suited for a bathroom ceiling? I have tried Dulux's bathroom paint in the past but found it to flake off and crack after six months or so. The Dulux paint was correctly applied to the newly plastered ceiling following a mist coat and the plaster was allowed to dry for two months before the application of the mist coat followed by two coats of Dulux's bathroom paint. The bathroom is quite small and steam from the shower must be causing condensation to sit on the ceiling. A new extractor fan will be fitted to help alleviate this problem.

Any suggestions on product or application method would be great. A friend suggested Zinsser Bulls Eye 123 Plus, has anyone else used this for a bathroom with high humidity? Obviously I will sand down the current flaky and cracked paint first.

Many thanks for reading my post!

Nigel.

Sponsored Links
Just on a separate note, i found my bathroom was very steamy even with a good fan fitted.
Good insulation will help, but what really helped with my one was a larger radiator. With more heat i don't even get the mirror misting up.

Thanks for the post Collectors. Will look into having a bigger radiator fitted. Apologies to Moderator 11, I wasn't aware I couldn't mention the name of a product I was thinking of purchasing in order to solicit reviews, I should have read the rules first!

Perhaps someone could advise instead whether the process I'm using is wrong then, instead of recommending a product?

Thank you again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back