Bathroom Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all

Pls could you give me some on advice on painting the bathroom ceiling ?

The ceiling was skimmed and sealed with some Dulux sealer , then painted , however it flakes all around the edges , I scraped away the flaking paint and resealed and painted again (just with plain white emulsion)

Can you recommend any treatment for these persistant areas , i.e. should use a specific oil based bathroom paint ? is it best to scrape or can you blow torch the existing paint away ?

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Sponsored Links
This would be my way to deal with the problem.
First of all,, :eek: DON'T USE A BLOW TORCH. :eek: Just scrape away the loose paint, give a light sand down, and if it needs it, give any affected areas a flush off with a "thin"coat of ready mix joint finish. When that's dried out, sand it down, and then seal the whole ceiling with an oil based undercoat or satin. You can get bathroom/kitchen emulsions, but i don't know whether they're any good or not,,, the painters will tell you. One thing's for sure, ordinary emulsion is no good in a steamy bathroom/kitchen.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back