Bathroom ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about to start painting the bathroom ceiling in our new house when I noticed the paint peeling a bit around the edges. What I have found is a series of cracks around the edge of the bathroom ceiling. Picture below. Any tips on how to solve this? I was thinking of using filler to fill in the gaps, sanding down and painting over the top.

Our bathroom is in the top a 2-storey extension off the back of a 3-storey victorian house and has 3 external walls, plus obviously the external ceiling which is a flat roof.

Sponsored Links
Remove the loose filler/caulk and flaking paint, then seal the bare plaster with diluted emulsion. Re-fill with a fine surface filler, sand smooth and again seal with the diluted emulsion. You can then caulk the joint in the hope of preventing future cracking before using your finishing emulsion.

I think it's about time to repaint your bathroom to avoid the flaking. I suggest you clean it up first because it will add some pressure and might flake again if you didn't remove the old paint. This could be costly but this will be for your home improvement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back