bathroom D.I.Y. help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry:
I need help with my bathroom, floor all wet and demp, woul like to replace the carpet with Laminate tile and a shower instead of bath but the floor board need to replace because is all rotten, can I do it myself?
is yes , can I have some advice :D

Sponsored Links
That's what the site is for, but if it's flooring advice you need then you'd be better off posting in the Floors... forum.

You can do yourself, but don't underestimate the amount of work and how long it'll take. Do you have another bathroom? If you have it all planned, all the stuff read to go, with no problems you could still be without a sink & shower for 1 week or more (1 day to remove existing suite, 1 or 2 days plumbing, 1 day installing shower tray and tiling, 1 day grouting, 1 day installing shower frame...). I'm still "finishing" mine after 2 months! I'm a first time DIYer, and managed a good job, but I'm an engineer by background and have an understanding wife!

I presume bathroom is on 1st floor with wooden joist floor? Also presume you wish to replace the whole suite? (it will be difficult to do anything about the floor without moving suite). If you want to do it I would rip the floor boards out and replace with new floorboards or 18mm+ WBP screwed to the joists (I know you want laminate, but see threads on tiling on floors for a solid floor). Obviously carefully think about where you want pipes and waste to run, and do the plumbing before fixing the floor. Good luck!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back