Bathroom leak?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I had my bathroom refitted about 18 months ago, Ive lifted up the vinyl and noticed that one of the floor boards is rotten from im presuming a water leak either from the shower screen or from under the bath.

Ive contacted the plumber who says he will come and look at it but says the bathroom is out of warranty now which was for 12 months and any work I will need to pay for.

Should I be paying to have a rotten floorboard replaced and a leak sorted?

Sponsored Links
In a word, yes you should be paying to have it fixed.

Just like with most things under warranty they usually fail when the warranty's expired.

Why should the plumber come and fix it for nothing?
Satisfaction of works completed was obviously agreed when money changed hands.

yes but i shouldnt be having a leak after 18 months and it was obviously leaking well before my gurantee expired for the board to be rotten!

As with all warrantees you should carefully check the item BEFORE the expiry date!

In this case exactly what is causing the leak?

Because a good quality job should not leak many would come and fix it free but that depends on the exact cause.

Why bought the bathroom equipment?

Tony

Sponsored Links
I bought the bath, shower screen, shower, toilet basin the plumber bought the fittings,

I dont know where the leak is coming from thats why I want him to come and have a look

Did he give you a receipt? And what are his terms and conditions on his estimate/quote say?

Andy

i got a receipt from the day the work was completed and when i phoned him to tell him about the leak he said it was only a 12 month gurantee and that its been 18 months, is a statutory gurantee on bathroom suites longer than this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back