leaking flat below from my bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

A pipe under the floor (likely the drain of my sink) is leaking through the ceiling of the flat below.
The owner of the flat doesn't want my plumber to repair this leak through her ceiling, she want to repair it directly from my bathroom and this imply lifting my tiles.
Does she have the right to decide on this issue? I also said that I will pay for any damage the plumber will make to her ceiling, but she still believe I should tell the plumber to operate from my bathroom.

Sponsored Links
She can insist on that if she wants, why would she HAVE to let you or your plumber come into HER property? Yes, it would be nice if she did let you, especially since that area of ceiling in her flat is likely to need replacing anyway... but she doesn't have to.

Are you sure it's not a defective shower or bath seal, or grout, that is causing the leak? I find that is the most common source of leaks into flats below.

It's definitively the drain of the sink, there is no leaking when we use the shower. It only happen when we use the sink. One of the tenant that lives in that flat is a plumber and he confirmed that the water comes from the drain.

Sponsored Links
Your lease probably includes words about access of this sort.

Had you already fallen out before this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back