bathroom dirt...mold?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can any one advise on if this is just dirt or mold?
there are a few spots around the bathroom and i've tried using cillit bang, flash and a few other products. but i cant seem to shift the mess.

2nqxog1.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's mould that's built up over time, and it's notoriously difficult to shift from silicone.
You might make a slight improvement by using bleach, but new sealant is the real answer......together with wiping the tiles dry after use.
John :)

aim is for a new bathroom but that isn't on the cards yet.

will try the spray
and any other suggestions that may help in cleaning up the mess

Sponsored Links
aim is for a new bathroom but that isn't on the cards yet.

will try the spray
and any other suggestions that may help in cleaning up the mess

You might get the mould off the grout, but I'd be surprised it you can shift it from the silicone. My brother-in-law's bath had a similar problem, not helped by his attempts to hide it with more silicone. I removed all the silicone for him and applied a new bead. If you are tempted to do this, it's not a quick job but WD40 will help to soften the silicone. I ended up removing it with a scalpel... Possibly you could just remove the affected section, and try to feather the new into the old.

Then have a look at your bathroom ventilation...

Cheers
Richard

will work on the tiles first then can move onto stripping the silicon sealant around the bath (and anyplace else i find it)

thank you for that. didn't think about the sealant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back