Bathroom door expansion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Our bathroom door is very difficult to close and open as it looks like it has expanded due to seasonal variations. I probably only need to remove 2/3 mm "wood" from a 10 inch long section on side of door.

Will something like this work? what grade sandpaper do i need?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-Mou...anley+Moulded+Body+Surform+Block+Plane+521104

Other option is to exchange it with one of the other doors of house which we don't close. But I will need to change door locks and somehow lengthen the door lock panel insert on side of old door as the bathroom door lock is longer due to presence of latch lock!.

Ta

Sponsored Links
As it is, that will shave off the excess wood but they tend to leave score marks in the wood.

After using it you will need to sand down the surface working from a coarse or medium finish glass paper and finishing off with a smooth grade.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back