Bathroom downlighters

diyhell said:
Am swithering over whether to put in 12v halogen downlighters into my bathroom or those new fangled LED ones.

Having put the standard 12v halogens into a previous bathroom I know that I need 6 x 20w. Haven't a clue with the LED ones though (and anyone know a good article on calculating lux?)

Anyone had any experience of them? They seem like a good idea with long life and low running cost.

Ask yourself what you want, if its good crisp light output then lov voltage is the solution, if you want crap output off white and lamp replacement, Gu 10 is the solution.
LED is no solution at all, feature lighting only

Important to choose a quality product, suggest IBL the only one i would fit.

Sponsored Links
Blimey - how on earth did people manage all those decades with nothing but that plain old yellow-ey incandescent lighting?

Side by side - yes, ELV halogens are whiter than LV, but that doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with GU10/GZ10 lamps. "Rubbish output off white" is one heck of an exaggeration.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back