bathroom drainage problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there second post here.

Got some great help last time and looking for it again so here it is.

I have issues with my bath and sink the drain pipe connects them both before joining the large down pipe.

If I use my sink and the water drains away it fills my bath up from the plug hole and the sink wont drain untill the bath drain. after a while both sink and bath finally drains away and im left with a god awful smell.

At first I thought the drainage itself was a problem by not flowing the way it does because before I bought the house the old couple had some...lets just say people trying to rip them off but ive since ruled that out.

Now im thinking maybe there is a clog in the drainage pipe itself

We have tried those drain busters on both sink and bath and left them over night but doesnt have the desired effect im still getting the bath filling up from plug hole.

Hope you can help me because its not pleasant.

Thanks in advance.

Ry.

Sponsored Links
You've got a partial blockage. Keep using the drain cleaner and it may clear.

So I finally got round to sorting the drain issue.
The problem was a huge clump of gunk lodged in the drainage pipe close to the down pipe causing the back flow and alot of gunk in the ubend causing the bath to slow drain.

All I did was clean the ubend out and covered the sink plug hole and over flow pipe and blew down the pipe connecting to the ubend and that shifted the clog and all is fine now.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back