Drainage issues from bath/sink.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having issues with the drainage from my bath/shower which in turn affects the drainage from my sink.
I live in a block of flats and my bath, sink and toilet all run into the same down pipe. The bath and sink waste pipes join together prior to meeting the large bore downpipe that the toilet is also linked to.
The pipes are only newly fitted and are not blocked as this has been tested and the water does eventually run away, just not freely. If I use the shower (fitted above the bath) the water backs up in the bath and only drains away very slowly. If you then try to use the sink, whilst there is water still in the bath, the sink will not drain either. However, if you use the sink before using the bath the water drains away fine, but you can hear “glugging” noises coming from the bath.

Can someone please suggest a fix? Is it likely to be an issue with vacuums?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

M :confused:

Sponsored Links
Thanks!

The fall from the bath is very shallow but from the sink is good. Do I need to fit the anti syphon traps on the sink and bath or just the sink?

:)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back