Slow Drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just removed a sink and all pipework from a bedroom. The sink drained into the bath's outflow which is on the adjoining wall. I've capped the connection where the sink's drainpipe met the bath's. The consequence of this has been to make the bath drain very slowly.

To accomodate the drain pipe from the sink the bath's pipework drained back for about 30cms before going through four 90 degree bends to discharge through outside wall into pipe that's about 2m from the trough of its downpipe. Prior to this the bath seemed to drain OK.

Moving the bath's drain pipe to point forward, removing all the bends, is currently impractical. Would a vent instead of a cap on the old sink drain pipe improve matters.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I was thinking vent as I was reading. You'd need an upstand of pipe to be above the bath fill level.

Try some drain cleaner down there, which willdissolve hair etc if it's an aggressive one.

Almost as good is a large saucepanful of boiling water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back