Shower, Sink and Toilet Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

New to the forum, so bear with me.

i have jsut moved into a new house (4 yrs Old).

Downstairs, all sinks drain fine, but on first floor bathroom, the shower/bath, and the sink drain really slowly (a bath takes about 4 hours to drain.

When i fill the sink, it makes water bubble up the bath plughole (which is further away from the opuitside downpipe). and then neither drain for ages.

The toilet is fine and it is goin to the same downpipe, just byb a different waste obvioulsly.

To me this sounds like my pipes arent blocked, but are actually not running down a slope to the down pip, that is why i am experiencing some backflow in the bath when i use the sink.

Does this sound right before i rip put the panel covering the pipes?

Also what would anyone reccomend for unblocking sinkes, do any of the chemicals out there actually work or is it a flexipipe down the drainpipe every time.

Sponsored Links
Partial blockages, with hair based goo, are usually responsible. First try a lot of boiling water, down the bath. Then there are lots of things in the supermarkets which claim to dissolve blockages, and do help.

Cheers for that,

I will give it a bash tonight.

So you reckon it is just blocked a blockage and not an issue with the gradient of the pipes?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back