Bathroom Electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of queries...........

I am redecorating my bathroom shortly and part of the work consists of replacing the existing light above the mirror and installing a heating pad to the back of the mirror which also requires an electrical question. Ideally the heating pad should only work when the drawcord for the light is on, or perhaps not. Any ideas on how both items should be wired up so the heating pad is not permanently on.

Also, when an appliance does not need an earth connection, what should you do with the earth cable from the supply ?

Sponsored Links
a) what is the rating of the heated pad?

b) if an appliance doesn't require an earth and there's nowhere to terminate the earth wire, you can sleeve it and terminate in an insulated connector (piece of choc-block).

xerxes - Don't know. I haven't ordered it yet and the website doesn't state the rating. It does have an installation guide that shows connection to mains supply.

ban-all-sheds - What does LABC stand for ?

Sponsored Links
Part P ???? I don't even know about Parts A to O !!!!

FYI I am not going to be doing the work myself, I will be getting an electrician in to do it for me. Does that solve the problem ? Is it notifiable because it is in the bathroom ?

Make sure the electrician is a member of a self-certfication scheme. ask him which one, and what name he is registered under. He will know what this means. write it down and ask what documentation he will issue.

And yes, it is notifiable because it is electrical works being done in a bathroom.

The heated pads I install are 65watts and are designed to be connected to the bathroom lighting circuit. This means the pad heats up when the light is on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back