Bathroom extraction help

m0t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a downstairs shower room that has a loft space above it. When we first moved in the room steamed up and got mouldy so I fitted an extractor. The duct goes in to the loft space then out the roof.

I'm having a loft extension done and there is now going to be a full size bathroom directly above do I'm going to lose my downstairs shower room extraction.

The only outside wall has a window in it the length of the room and above the window is a lintel, so I can't drill through it.

Any ideas for a solution? The only thing I can think is going up in to the new room above and then out through the wall but that would mean the fan would be under a bath and I'm not sure it will fit.

Sponsored Links
m0t, good evening.

Suggestions?
1/. Fit the fan within the [soon to be] floor joists, then duct out the [new] wall and vent to atmosphere within the space below the [new] bath

2/. Fit the fan to the wall below the bath, duct to it and it can vent there, the wall mount could be very low under the bath.

3/. Form a vertical duct housing within the new bathroom and vent the ground floor bathroom vertically passing through the soon to be new bathroom.

Have a look at rectangular ducting? can be fitted into a smaller space.

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back