Bathroom extractor ducting in attic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a bathroom refurb with an extractor fan being installed and I'm not convinced the extractor fan ducting has been fitted properly.

Here are some pics, they're not great but you might be able to see the ducting is running over towards the soffit vents but I'd say its a good 30 cm from the soffit boards and not sure where the nearest vent is. Its then just had insulation pushed up to it.

I feel like this is going to cause moisture and wood rot, should this ducting not be properly attached to a suitable vent in the soffit board so its venting outside and not into the void and potentially back into the attic????

IMG_1858.JPG IMG_1859.JPG IMG_1860.JPG

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
yes

the builder must have hoped you wouldn't look.

Nice try but massive fail, as JohnD all that is happening is that warm damp / wet air is being pumped into the loft where it will condense and wood rot WILL start.

Get your builder back and get him to sort this mess out.

Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back