Bathroom Extractor Fan

T

tullibody

I am going to fit an extractor fan through the cieling and out of the roof, as the walls are to thick. I have purchased an unswitched 13 Amp connection unit, I take it this goes before the light switch. It is a 6 nterminal connection, 2 Live 2 Neutral, 2 Earth. the fan has three terminals on it, 1 Neutral 2 Switched Live 3 Permanent Live. Does the switched live come from the light or the switch.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
you should really have a tripple pole isolator, not an fcu, as you will be taking it from the lighting cct.

all your connections can be taken from where existing light connects

the normal way is to take all three connections from the light via a tripple pole isolator

a lot of fan makers say thier fans should be fused down at 3A but do not provide decent instructions on how to do this most sparkys done bother but if you wan't to do this the options boil down too

1: fuse the feed to the lighting pendant unit
2: use grid modules
3: use a DP switch to make the fan switching system totally seperate from the light one even though they are on the same physical switch

Sponsored Links
plugwash said:
the normal way is to take all three connections from the light via a tripple pole isolator

a lot of fan makers say thier fans should be fused down at 3A but do not provide decent instructions on how to do this most sparkys done bother but if you wan't to do this the options boil down too

1: fuse the feed to the lighting pendant unit
2: use grid modules
3: use a DP switch to make the fan switching system totally seperate from the light one even though they are on the same physical switch

My light switch is outside the bathroom, can I still fit the three pole fan isolator.
Many thanks : :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back