Bathroom extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a smart meter installed recently & it caused the extractor fan in our bathroom to stop working. It is wired to the lighting circuit & is a xpelair xodous model. Is there a fuse in the fan itself or the isolator switch which I can simply replace or do I need to replace the whole fan & if so, is it easy to do or should I get an electrician to do it ?

Sponsored Links
I had a smart meter installed recently & it caused the extractor fan in our bathroom to stop working.
coincidences do happen.

It is wired to the lighting circuit & is a xpelair xodous model. Is there a fuse in the fan itself
No.

or the isolator switch which I can simply replace or do I need to replace the whole fan
Is it just a switch or one with a fuse in it? Hard to tell from here.
Might be one in the loft or somewhere else.

& if so, is it easy to do or should I get an electrician to do it ?
Post some pictures of what you can see.

This is the set up, fan with isolator switch next to it, can't see fuse in isolator switch or in fan

Attachments

• IMG_20181015_205422.jpg
    IMG_20181015_205422.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 90
Sponsored Links
No fuses there - one could have been there in the switch so unlikely to be anywhere else, but you never know.

Fan could have just packed up - does it hum?

Unless you want to investigate yourself by checking connections and the fan innards, then - electrician time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back