Bathroom extractor fan

Ank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We currently have an extractor fan in our bathroom wall however as we suffer with a lot of condensation and mold.
We have been advised by the electrician that we need an extractor fan directly through the ceiling above the shower into the loft and out the loft wall. ( we are refurbing the bathroom )
My only concern with that is due to the shape of the roof. We can’t have it above the shower and straight out the wall / roof where the bathroom is.
We need to have a 5 metre pipe through the shower ceiling across the loft and out the wall the other side.
I’m concerned about condensation and water dripping into the loft.
Has anyone come across this before.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Condensation dripping from where?
Hello, From the 5 metre pipe that will be in the loft, leading from above the shower across the whole loft area. My concern is will condensation droplets form on this pipe and gradually drip into the loft area.

Hello, From the 5 metre pipe that will be in the loft, leading from above the shower across the whole loft area. My concern is will condensation droplets form on this pipe and gradually drip into the loft area.

Use insulated pipe or put loft insulation over the pipe

Sponsored Links
Slope the pipe to the outside. Going to have to make sure the fan you purchase has the ability to overcome the 5m distance. Standard fan is straight through the wall to the outside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back