Bathroom Extractor Fans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of renovating my bathroom. I am taking out the bath and replacing it with a shower. I want to put in a ceiling mounted fan with an integral light fitting directly over the new shower. I already have a ceiling mounted extractor fan, but not in the right place, which is vented out through the roof. Can I install a new fan and connect it up to the existing outlet connection in the roof? All the new fans I have seen all recommend they are vented out through the wall or through the soffit. All advice and recommendations gratefully recieved.
Many thanks
Ray

Sponsored Links
raymar
I think the mods should of moved your post to the electrics forum , ask there ;)

yes you can though this type of fan not as efficent so if lenth of duct quite short say 1.5m max

Personally i prefer not to use the integral type units, always prefer seperate. It goesnt matter how you duct, distance is the issue. 2mts plus a lot of standard fans will run out of steam. If longer than that use a ccentrifugal fan, looks the same just move more air.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back